Sharon Singh is a panelist with the Anti-Corruption Law Program's virtual event on ESG in the Extractive Industries. The panel will address questions such as:
- who are the relevant players in the world of ESG in the extractives industries;
- who is responsible and accountable for ESG in the extractives industries, and who should be;
- how are conflicts resolved in relation to alleged ESG performance;
- what metrics should apply to measure ESG performance;
- who should monitor ESG performance;
- what remedies should apply to failure to meet ESG standards; and
- what motivating factors would incentivize extractive industry organizations to meet global standards of ESG performance?
The Anti-Corruption Law Program public education series is a collaborative partnership with the Centre for Business Law, Transparency International Canada, and the International Centre for Criminal Law Reform & Criminal Justice Policy.