Environmental, Social, Governance (ESG) is a complex issue impacting numerous aspects of corporate decision-making in Canada and around the world.
Bennett Jones is pleased to offer a three-part series to help understand what ESG means for your business, and help you define and drive ESG within your organization. Our ESG leaders will discuss practical implications and strategic considerations in key areas:
- January 21, 2021: Session 1 | What Is ESG and Why It Matters to Your Business
- January 28, 2021: Session 2 | Risks, Opportunities and Implementation—Part I: Corporate Reporting, Climate Change and Environment
- February 4, 2021: Session 3 | Risks, Opportunities and Implementation—Part II: Employees, Indigenous Communities and Project Management and Approvals
This series will be moderated by Vancouver Managing Partner, Radha Curpen, and includes a diverse panel of Bennett Jones lawyers.
Session 1 Panellists and Topics:
Session 2 Panellists and Topics:
- Thomas McInerney: Climate Change/Transitioning to a Low Carbon Economy
- Sarah Gilbert: Environment and Sustainability
- John Piasta: Corporate Reporting
Session 3 Panellists and Topics:
- Sara Parchello: Employees
- Sharon Singh: Indigenous, Local Communities and Governance
- Brad Gilmour: Project Management and Approvals
If you would like to register, please contact the events team at email@example.com.
Bennett Jones provides complete ESG-related advice using our deep knowledge and wide experience garnered from advising clients on domestic and international business law relating to corporate governance, securities disclosure, corporate reporting, environmental law, climate change, indigenous relations, project development, supply chain management and crisis management. For more information, please see the Bennett Jones ESG practice page.