Darrell Peterson's practice focuses principally on transactions for natural resource industry participants, including companies engaged in oil and gas exploration and production (E&P), midstream activities (gas and oil), hydrocarbon upgrading and refining and oilfield services.
Darrell has significant experience in mergers, acquisitions and divestitures; private equity investments; and bank financings. He has represented:
- public companies and special board committees in M&A transactions;
- major integrated oil companies in transactional matters;
- independent E&P companies, oilfield services providers, and hydrocarbon upgrading and refiners in M&A, A&D, joint venture, partnership and financing activities;
- private equity funds and investees in energy investments;
- management in MBO and LBO transactions; and
- issuers of equity and debt in capital markets transactions, including private placements, initial public offerings and prospectus offerings.
In addition, Darrell acts as corporate secretary for several publicly listed issuers, as a director of a number of private companies, and as a director of the Association for Corporate Growth (ACG) Calgary.
- North West Redwater Partnership in connection with its issue of C$1.5 billion of Series J and K secured bonds Read more
- LAECO Energy Corp. in its negotiations with the Government of Nicaragua in respect of various onshore and offshore oil and gas concessions
- The principals of Enersight Corporation on their C$75 million sale to Rubicon Technology Partners
2017, Who's Who Legal: Energy
Darrell R. Peterson, recognized as one of the world's leading energy lawyers
2016, The Legal 500 Canada
Darrell R. Peterson, recommended, Capital Markets
2016, Who's Who Legal: Canada
Darrell R. Peterson, recognized as a leading lawyer in the area of energy
News & Speaking Engagements