Manufacturers must negotiate tight margins, rising
costs, global competition and the territorial barriers of local and national
taxes and international treaties. The market intelligence and legal knowledge
of Bennett Jones allows our manufacturing clients to manage the outside
influences and maintain a commercially viable business.
clients in regard to:
- Public offerings and
- Mergers, acquisitions and dispossessions
commercial matters and corporate governance
- Product regulation and
- Commercial litigation
and sale of manufacturing operations
- International trade, including
Canadian International Trade Tribunal (CITT) matters
- Competition and
- Employment matters
- Protecting proprietary
processes and other intellectual property
- Equipment financing and
- The Special Committee of Opta Minerals Inc., a TSX-listed vertically integrated provider of custom process solutions and industrial mineral products, in connection with its acquisition by Speyside Equity, a private equity firm that invests in manufacturing-related businesses. Read more
- TriWest Capital Partners, in connection with acquiring a majority interest in Trimlite Mfg Inc. Read more
- Bennett Jones advises Kissner Group Holdings LP on its $400,000,000 Notes Offering and Related Refinancing Transactions. Read more
2015, Chambers Global The Worlds Leading Lawyers for BusinessBennett Jones, ranked, Band 1, International Trade/WTO
Market-leading international practice, acclaimed for the breadth of its expertise in trade law. Areas of service include export controls, anti-corruption, customs administration, WTO agreements and related litigation. The firm is active across a variety of sectors, such as oil and gas, manufacturing and IT. Draws on the strength of its Washington, DC, Beijing, Dubai and Doha offices in addition to its Toronto, Calgary and Vancouver teams.
"Bennett Jones has the strongest team in the trade community."
"They are committed to trade work in a significant way."
News & Speaking Engagements