Bennett Jones has deep experience in all aspects of project development, from initiation to completion and beyond. We have worked for all levels of government, including regional and municipal governments, as well as for proponents, lenders and contractors on all types of public infrastructure projects, including water and wastewater treatment plants, hospitals, airports, roads, rapid transit, power, transportation, technology, and recreational facilities. We have significant expertise in project governance and decision-making, project funding, procurement, all types of construction and construction management arrangements, regulatory processes, engagement with Indigenous communities and community groups and stakeholders, risk management, change management and dispute resolution.
Our team is ideally positioned to deliver in all areas of law relevant to project development, including:
- project governance;
- project business plans (including sustainability and triple bottom line analyses);
- funding agreements with senior governments;
- Indigenous community relations;
- regulatory approvals;
- real estate development and related transactions;
- procurement and contracting covering the full spectrum of arrangements;
- construction and engineering (pre-qualification and tenders);
- risk management;
- stakeholder engagement;
- environmental assessment and remediation;
- railway law; and
- claims management and dispute resolution.