The Specialist, Marketing and Client Relations (Vancouver), is a key member of Bennett Jones’ National Marketing and Business Development Team. Reporting to the Senior Director, Business Development and working closely with the Vancouver office Managing Partner, this individual will act as a strategic partner to lawyers and advisors in Vancouver, helping identify and pursue opportunities for revenue generation and brand awareness.
This candidate will be involved in uncovering leads to business, strategizing pursuits, coaching lawyers to move opportunities through the sales pipeline and co-selling with lawyers at events and other networking functions. We’re looking for a candidate who has a strong knowledge of the Vancouver business community, who can execute the sales strategy while also managing the planning and logistics of marketing tactics and client experience initiatives.
This role is supported by, and works closely with, a national BD and Marketing Team for the production of marketing materials and proposals.
- Work closely with the Vancouver office Managing Partner on marketing and BD strategy, planning and actions to drive profitable and sustainable growth for the Vancouver office
- Support Vancouver partners and practice groups with annual business development planning and execution throughout the year
- Oversee the planning and execution of client meetings, seminars, sponsorships and social events that support brand awareness and client relationship building in the Vancouver market
- Identify opportunities to build brand awareness and client loyalty, including client seminars, association memberships and industry sponsorships
- Conduct market research to identify strategic sales opportunities and drive lead generation
- Research and attend local business community activities as a representative of Bennett Jones relaying any relevant information to the firm within the appropriate practice
- Provide guidance and coaching in business development skills
- Help identify, evaluate, and pursue speaking, publication and media opportunities, working in collaboration with the firm's Senior Communications Advisor (based in Toronto)
- Help ensure client contact and activity information is tracked and maintained in firm CRM system (InterAction)
- Support the Vancouver Office Manager and Office Managing Partner on internal events and other initiatives designed to drive and support collaboration, engagement, recruitment and retention
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher, in Business, Communications, PR or related field
- 3+ years’ experience in business, marketing or sales in a professional services environment
- A strong understanding of the business community and climate in Vancouver and surrounding areas
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, analytical skills proactive and positive style; ability to work on own initiative; a consultative approach; ability to work under pressure and prioritize competing needs; and an understanding of our clients’ objectives and marketplace
- Must display the highest level of customer service and diplomacy
- Hospitality industry experience an asset
- Excellent computer skills, including proficiency in using Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint. Ability to master new applications and software, such as CRM or project management software, is important
All offers of employment are conditional upon the satisfactory verification of a Canadian criminal record check. Determination of the factors that constitute satisfactory verification is within the sole discretion of Bennett Jones.
This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
Bennett Jones is committed to the health, safety, and well-being of our firm members. Effective October 1, 2021, Bennett Jones will require all Firm members to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, in accordance with public health guidance, prior to entering the workplace, attending a firm sponsored event, attending at a client's workplace or travelling on firm business. Bennett Jones welcomes applications from all applicants, including applicants who may requires a specific accommodation because of a disability or another protected ground. Any applicant requiring accommodation during the application process should contact firstname.lastname@example.org.