- Responsible for all aspects of commercial real estate transactions and multi-residential transactions
- Conducting and reviewing title and off-title enquiries and preparing search summaries
- Preparing transaction documents including closing/security documents, and Teraview registrations (land titles and registry)
- Preparing reporting letters and closing books
- Preparing title requisition letters and responses to title requisition letters
- Ordering and negotiating owner and lender policies of title insurance
- Preparing title opinions and detailed title memoranda
- Attending to closings
- Ability to correspond with clients and government and quasi-governmental officials in a professional manner
- Working knowledge of procedures, statutes, rules and regulations applicable to real property law
- A minimum of 5 years commercial real estate law clerk experience in Canadian law firms
- Law clerk certification from a recognized program
- Significant experience in the preparation of transaction documents including closing/security documents, and Teraview registrations (land titles and registry)
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and handle a fast-paced work environment
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and be a strong team player
- Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills
- Superior knowledge of commercial real estate software (Teraview, TitlePlus, etc.) and proficiency in the MS Office environment
All offers of employment are conditional upon the satisfactory verification of a Canadian criminal record check. Determination of the factors that constitute satisfactory verification is within the sole discretion of Bennett Jones.
This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
Bennett Jones is committed to providing accommodations throughout the recruitment process in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disability Act, 2005. If you require accommodations, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.