Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday 4:30 p.m. – 12:30 a.m.
- Preparing and editing a variety of legal complex documents, spreadsheets, presentations, flow charts and PDF documents
- Converting PDF documents into Word, Excel or other formats as required and formatting same
- Creating and editing mail merges, inserting media into presentations, creating and editing graphs and objects
- Troubleshooting document issues and a willingness to teach and train others when required
- Creating blacklines using Workshare Compare
- Transcribing dictation using BigHand Digital Dictation
- Variety of other tasks and projects as assigned
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience as a legal document processor with an understanding of most areas of law
- Advanced knowledge of the following Microsoft programs and its features:
- Microsoft Word (creating and modifying styles, formatting tables, mail merges, track changes)
- Excel (creating and editing formulas, formatting worksheets, creating charts/graphs, and sorting)
- PowerPoint (creating presentations, formatting, applying design and animation)
- Visio (creating flow charts and timelines)
- A highly organized individual with great attention to detail, self-motivated with the ability to manage multiple tasks with minimal supervision
- Strong word processing skills including superior accuracy, spelling, grammar, proofreading and attention to detail are critical
- A team player who is comfortable working on their own as well as within a team setting
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Advanced knowledge of cleaning and reformatting scanned documents using DocXtools and applying styles using MacPac
- Above average knowledge of Adobe Acrobat, Workshare Compare and BigHand software
- An understanding of saving and importing documents using the electronic document management system iManage
- Bilingual in French and English is considered an asset
- Flexibility with respect to working overtime, if requested
All offers of employment are conditional upon the satisfactory verification of a Canadian criminal record check. Determination of the factors that constitute satisfactory verification is within the sole discretion of Bennett Jones.
This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
Bennett Jones is committed to providing accommodations throughout the recruitment process in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disability Act, 2005. If you require accommodations, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Bennett Jones is committed to the health, safety, and well-being of our Firm members. Effective October 1, 2021, Bennett Jones will require all Firm members to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, in accordance with public health guidance, prior to entering the workplace, attending a firm sponsored event, attending at a client's workplace or travelling on Firm business. Bennett Jones welcomes applications from all applicants, including applicant who may requires a specific accommodation because of a disability or another protected ground. Any applicants requiring accommodation during the application process should contact the email address above.