- Provide a range of administrative support to a team of Corporate and Securities Law Clerks
- To maintain, file paper and electronic documents in the minute books and corporate database
- Arrange for filing of documents with government agencies and agents
- Assist with preparation of basic corporate documents such as share certificates
- Review of records in corporate database (GlobalAct) to ensure data and virtual minute books are up to date, and update as necessary
- Work on other projects or assignments as required
- Community College Certificate in a Legal Assistant program with a minimum of 2 years of experience as a Legal Assistant or in a similar role or Community College Certificate in a Law Clerks program
- Corporate law experience and familiarity with GlobalAct database and knowledge of Oncorp software is an asset
- Strong attention to detail and superior organizational skills
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities and work well under pressure
- Ability to handle confidential and non-routine information, with discretion and professionalism
- A strong team player and demonstrates positive work ethic
- Strong ability to create relationships with all members of the team and to build rapport quickly
All offers of employment are conditional upon the satisfactory verification of a Canadian criminal record check. Determination of the factors that constitute satisfactory verification is within the sole discretion of Bennett Jones.
This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
Bennett Jones is committed to providing accommodations throughout the recruitment process in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disability Act, 2005. If you require accommodations, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Bennett Jones is committed to the health, safety, and well-being of our firm members. Effective October 1, 2021, Bennett Jones will require all Firm members to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, in accordance with public health guidance, prior to entering the workplace, attending a firm sponsored event, attending at a client's workplace or travelling on firm business. Bennett Jones welcomes applications from all applicants, including applicants who may requires a specific accommodation because of a disability or another protected ground. Any applicant requiring accommodation during the application process should contact email@example.com.