- Accurately proofreading, formatting, drafting and assisting with various legal and general materials, including: documents, spreadsheets, reports, memos, presentations, forms and other items, ensuring accuracy, completeness and compliance with legal processes; checking for appropriate formatting, spelling, grammar, etc.
- Aderant: opening/closing client files including completing "Know Your Client" forms, entering dockets, preparing expense reports, and preparing client accounts on a monthly basis
- Interaction: keeping client contact information up to date
- Maintaining Outlook calendars: scheduling meetings, conference calls, travel, and conferences
- Keeping file lists up to date and taking the initiative to send files to storage once completed
- Certification from an accredited Legal Assistant program
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities and work well under pressure
- Ability to handle confidential and non-routine information, with discretion and professionalism
- Exceptional proofreading, grammar and research skills
- Strong attention to detail and superior organizational skills
All offers of employment are conditional upon the satisfactory verification of a Canadian criminal record check. Determination of the factors that constitute satisfactory verification is within the sole discretion of Bennett Jones.
This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
Bennett Jones is committed to providing accommodations throughout the recruitment process in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disability Act, 2005. If you require accommodations, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Bennett Jones is committed to the health, safety, and well-being of our firm members. Effective October 1, 2021, Bennett Jones will require all Firm members to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, in accordance with public health guidance, prior to entering the workplace, attending a firm sponsored event, attending at a client's workplace or travelling on firm business. Bennett Jones welcomes applications from all applicants, including applicants who may requires a specific accommodation because of a disability or another protected ground. Any applicant requiring accommodation during the application process should contact email@example.com.