- Provide support for acquisitions and sales of commercial properties, condo developments, financing transactions and land development
- Excellent understanding of the billing process (Aderant Software) - entering and revising time dockets, preparing pre-bills, proof reading accounts, preparing account letters and sending out invoices
- Expert ability, speed and accuracy in dictation
- Preparation of legal documents and drafting letters
- Ability to open new files, close files and maintain file lists
- Prepare cheque requisitions and trust deposits/withdrawals and preparing expense reports and account balances
- Assist in managing the lawyer’s practice including opening files, filing, calendar management, scheduling meetings, arranging travel, expenses, etc.
- Liaising with clients to obtain information and instructions
- Community College Certificate in a Legal Assistant program with at least over 5 years of commerical real estate experience
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of Real Estate terminology
- Strong keyboarding skills, dictation transcription and Microsoft Office applications
- Exceptional proofreading, grammar skills and highly organized with excellent attention to detail
- Strong sense of urgency, ability to juggle multiple priorities and work well under pressure
- Superior time management, organizational and prioritization skills with ability to work under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Responds to everyday tasks with little supervision
- Maintain professionalism, confidentiality and discretion
- Strong team player; demonstration of a positive work ethic
All offers of employment are conditional upon the satisfactory verification of a Canadian criminal record check. Determination of the factors that constitute satisfactory verification is within the sole discretion of Bennett Jones.
This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
Bennett Jones is committed to providing accommodations throughout the recruitment process in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disability Act, 2005. If you require accommodations, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.