Bennett Jones is a leading full-service international law firm with offices in Calgary, Toronto, Edmonton, Ottawa, Vancouver, Montreal and New York. We are proud that Bennett Jones was named one of Canada’s Best Employers in 2022 in Kincentric’s “Best Employers in Canada” survey. The firm was also recognized in 2022 as one of Alberta’s Top 75 Employers and as one of the Top Employers for Young People in a Mediacorp study. For 22 years, Bennett Jones has been recognized as one of Canada's top employers.
* Work in the office: Monday to Friday, 8: 30 a.m. to 4: 30 p.m.
We are looking for an experienced Desktop Technician and Technology Trainer to join the IT group in our Montreal office. Reporting to the Director of Administration, the candidate will assist our team of lawyers and staff in their day-to-day work, will train the new employees on the IT systems and will assist with audio-visual services and requirements.
Desktop Technician and Technology Trainer
- Provide hardware / software support to users on issues escalated by Help Desk
- Assist with user account creation and maintenance of group memberships for the Montreal office
- Work with vendor support to resolve technical issues at a high level
- Update ticketing software for the purpose of tracking outstanding work and reporting
- Update Bennett Jones Desktop Support group on status of any outstanding issues
- Install and maintain printers within the environment
- Assist with any software/hardware rollouts to the firm
- Ensure the installation and proper operation of software, hardware and audio-visual equipment for the Montreal office
- Assist with moves within the office as they relate to desktop or telephone relocations
- Work with Help Desk and Applications staff as appropriate to determine and resolve problems
- Ensure desktop computers interconnect seamlessly with all systems including file servers, messaging servers, application servers, and administrative systems
- Inventory of all desktops and printers
- Act as a backup to System Technician
- Other duties as assigned
- Conduct New Hire Systems Training.
- Prepare, schedule and deliver continuous learning webinars for staff and lawyers on the Firm's technologies and computer applications.
- Deliver training sessions in-person and via webinars.
- Accommodate via various delivery formats from one‑on-one coaching, short/targeted and multi-day sessions.
- Maintain an engaging and adaptive training environment that focuses on the participants' requirements.
- Create and maintain effective and engaging courseware including Instructor Notes, Quick Reference Sheets, visual aids and videos.
- Analyze feedback from participants and make recommendations to enhance the current curriculum.
- Actively participate in testing new or upgraded software and technologies.
Develop and maintain a comprehensive knowledge of the Firm’s business applications, processes and workflows.
- Bilingual fluency in written and spoken English and French. The employee in this position will have to interact with clients and third parties who understand and communicate only in English. This position also requires that the candidate be able to interact seamlessly with colleagues in our offices across Canada, where English is the predominant language. Since we estimate that more than 50% of the work required for this position must be done in English, the language requirements for this position are a high level of writing, understanding and oral communication in that language. The employee must also have a high level of writing, understanding and oral communication in French;
- A minimum of 3 years training and 3 years of Technical Support experience
- College Diploma or University Degree in information technology or related work experience
- Must have advanced experience with Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint
- Familiarity with PDF tools, document management systems, time and billing software is an asset
- Experience with Learning Management systems is an asset
- Exceptional presentation, communication and inter-personal skills with a focus on providing excellence in client service within and outside of the department.
- Ability to quickly learn new applications and technologies
- Knowledge of Network, Desktop Technologies and Computer Imaging with advanced desktop troubleshooting skills
- Proficient with common software features, configuration and installation
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and respond to changing priorities
- Organized, detail-oriented, self-motivated and able to work independently
- Flexible, open-minded and collaborative
- Previous experience in a legal or other professional services environment would be considered an asset
Jacinthe Landry, Director of Administration, Montreal Office
Bennett Jones LLP.
900 Boulevard de Maisonneuve W, Suite 1800
Montreal, QC H3A 0A8
All offers of employment are subject to a satisfactory criminal record check. The determination of what constitutes a satisfactory audit is at the sole discretion of Bennett Jones.
This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is identified.
We thank all candidates for their interest. However, please note that only those selected will be contacted.
Bennett Jones is committed to creating a diverse, inclusive and accessible workplace for candidates and members of the firm with disabilities. Please let us know of any accommodations you may require at any time during the recruitment process.