- Greet clients, lawyers and staff and direct them to contacts or service areas
- Answer, screen and forward telephone calls
- Take ownership and be proactive in the administration of our client area and meeting room management database
- Responsible for sourcing and arranging catering and IT equipment for meetings
- Build and maintain positive professional relationships with staff, lawyers and clients
- Correspond with reception in other office locations to coordinate meetings
- Answer general inquiries in a timely and professional manner
- Member for our local fundraising and social committees, coordinate and execute research and tasks as delegated from Chair
- Provide administrative support as needed to various departments such as, marketing, accounting, communications and any other staff/lawyers
- Coordinate and maintain our in-house Library; communicating with our other locations for book disbursement and returns
- Other administrative duties as required
- A minimum of 2 years' administrative experience in a professional office or hospitality environment
- A strong team player and positive attitude
- Highly organized
- Responds to everyday tasks with little supervision
- Maintains professionalism, confidentiality and discretion
- Able to prioritize work
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
All offers of employment are conditional upon the satisfactory verification of a Canadian criminal record check. Determination of the factors that constitute satisfactory verification is within the sole discretion of Bennett Jones.
This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
Bennett Jones is committed to the health, safety, and well-being of our firm members. Effective October 1, 2021, Bennett Jones will require all Firm members to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, in accordance with public health guidance, prior to entering the workplace, attending a firm sponsored event, attending at a client's workplace or travelling on firm business. Bennett Jones welcomes applications from all applicants, including applicants who may requires a specific accommodation because of a disability or another protected ground. Any applicant requiring accommodation during the application process should contact email@example.com.