The individual in this role will work jointly and collaboratively with other Paralegals and Assistants throughout the firm. The purpose of this role is to provide superior support to the Lawyers and Clients served by the Corporate Services Department.
- Prepares documents relating to incorporation, organization, amendments, reorganizations, continuances and amalgamations
- Prepares and arranges for filing of extra-provincial registrations, amendments and amalgamations
- Prepares documents relating to share transactions including issuance of share certificates, and updates registers
- Conducts minute book reviews and prepares necessary documents to bring minute books current
- Prepares annual returns and resolutions
- Completes due diligence searches (Corporate Registry, Personal Property Registry, bankruptcy court house, Workers' Compensation, Bank of Canada, etc.)
- Files corporate documents through various online systems including the Corporate Registry Electronic System (CORES) and Federal Online System
- Other duties as required
- CORES LII or LIII required
- APPRES Accreditation considered an asset
- SEDAR Experience considered an asset
- A minimum of 5 years working in a corporate department
- Working knowledge of the Canada Business Corporations Act and Business Corporations Act (Alberta)
- A strong team player; demonstration of a positive work ethic
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Highly organized
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and handle a fast-paced work environment
- Maintains professionalism, confidentiality and discretion
- ALF experience considered an asset
All offers of employment are conditional upon the satisfactory verification of a Canadian criminal record check. Determination of the factors that constitute satisfactory verification is within the sole discretion of Bennett Jones.
This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
Bennett Jones is committed to the health, safety, and well-being of our firm members. Effective October 1, 2021, Bennett Jones will require all Firm members to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, in accordance with public health guidance, prior to entering the workplace, attending a firm sponsored event, attending at a client's workplace or travelling on firm business. Bennett Jones welcomes applications from all applicants, including applicants who may requires a specific accommodation because of a disability or another protected ground. Any applicant requiring accommodation during the application process should contact firstname.lastname@example.org.