Bennett Jones LLP is a top tier, full service international law firm with offices in Calgary, Toronto, Edmonton, Ottawa, Vancouver and New York. We are proud that Bennett Jones was ranked as a Platinum Level Best Employer in the 2022 "Best Employers in Canada" survey conducted by Kincentric. The firm has also been recognized for 2022 as one of "Alberta's Top 75 Employers" and as a Top Employer for Young People in a study conducted by Mediacorp. The firm has been ranked as one of the top places to work in Canada for 22 consecutive years.
We are currently recruiting for the following role in our Calgary office:
Financial Systems & Business Intelligence Analyst
Director, Business Technology
We are looking for a technical analyst focused on supporting our internal reporting systems and accounting team in the Calgary office. You will be a key resource in our support efforts, and will be tasked with enhancing the efficiency, effectiveness, and usability of the accounting system through troubleshooting, data analysis, scripting, and reporting. You will help to develop effective solutions to complex problems, and work with a wide array of IT and accounting professionals.
- Create and modify SSRS and PowerBI reports, and provide support for existing reports.
- Administer and enhance our in-house reporting systems (SSRS, PowerBI)
- Oversee and regularly review security assignments in the accounting system and reporting tools, especially related to on boarding and off boarding.
- Oversee and monitor application integrations with the accounting system.
- Troubleshoot data and user issues with the accounting system (and related applications).
- Work with vendors and outside consultants to resolve issues and perform upgrades and maintenance.
- Continuously review internal processes and tools and look for opportunities for improvement through automation or improved tooling.
- Use reporting tools such as SSRS, HTML, and PowerBI to generate financial reports.
- Understand and modify MDX cubes to assist in reporting and data extraction.
- Data analysis and data fixes (updates, deletes, inserts) using T-SQL to fix data issues
- Work with our DBA using SSIS to integrate accounting data with other applications.
- Write and debug PowerShell scripts for automating routine tasks (sending report emails, etc.)
- Create and maintain Excel macros with VBA
- Use IronPython to maintain customized modules in the accounting system
- An in-depth knowledge of accounting principles and practices is required
- A post-secondary degree in Computer Systems or Accounting or related subjects is preferred
- Prior experience with Aderant Expert would be a significant advantage
Bennett Jones Services Limited Partnership
4500 Bankers Hall East, 855 – 2 Street SW
Calgary, AB T2P 4K7
All offers of employment are conditional upon the satisfactory verification of a Canadian criminal record check. Determination of the factors that constitute satisfactory verification is within the sole discretion of Bennett Jones.
This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.