- Legal Administrative support for three lawyers in a fast-paced work environment with a high degree of professionalism, tact, confidence, discretion, and ability to adapt to frequently changing priorities
- Manage time, resources, workflow, and competing priorities and deadlines of busy Litigation practices involving Commercial Litigation, Energy Regulatory, Arbitration and Employment
- Manage calendars, schedule and coordinate meetings and telephone conferences with clients, experts and other law firms
- Plan for various functions, meetings and travel
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Bighand, InterAction and Lawbase
- Proficiency in Eclipse, or willingness to engage in training to use Eclipse
- Provide clerical and administrative support, including draft correspondence (letters, memos, emails, etc.), and review and proofread documents
- Perform client account administration
- Manage paper flow, maintain filing systems (both hard copy and electronic), diarize limitation dates, etc.
- Legal Assistant Diploma required
- Minimum 5 years experience in Commercial Litigation, Energy Regulatory, Arbitration and Employment is required
- A positive attitude and passion for excellence
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Attention to detail and strong proofreading skills
- Self-motivated, with an ability to think proactively and prioritize work in a fast-paced work environment
- Excellent management skills, able to multi-task, have good judgment and the ability to work independently as well as with a team
- Discretion in handling highly confidential and sensitive information
- Resourceful and able to use firm resources where appropriate
- Able and willing to embrace technology as an aid for file and time management and a willingness to attend internal training in relation to same
All offers of employment are conditional upon the satisfactory verification of a Canadian criminal record check. Determination of the factors that constitute satisfactory verification is within the sole discretion of Bennett Jones.
This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
Bennett Jones is committed to the health, safety, and well-being of our Firm members. Effective October 1, 2021, Bennett Jones will require all Firm members to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, in accordance with public health guidance, prior to entering the workplace, attending a firm sponsored event, attending at a client's workplace or travelling on Firm business. Bennett Jones welcomes applications from all applicants, including applicants who may requires a specific accommodation because of a disability or another protected ground. Any applicant requiring accommodation during the application process should contact email noted above.