Bennett Jones LLP is a top tier, full service international law firm with offices in Calgary, Toronto, Edmonton, Ottawa, Vancouver, Montreal and New York. We are proud that Bennett Jones was ranked as a Platinum Level Best Employer in the 2022 "Best Employers in Canada" survey conducted by Kincentric. The firm has also been recognized for 2022 as one of "Alberta's Top 75 Employers" and as a Top Employer for Young People in a study conducted by Mediacorp. The firm has been ranked as one of the top places to work in Canada for 22 consecutive years.
We are currently recruiting for the following role in our Calgary office:
- Legal Administrative support for three lawyers in a fast-paced work environment with a high degree of professionalism, tact, confidence, discretion, and ability to adapt to frequently changing priorities
- Manage time, resources, workflow, and competing priorities and deadlines of busy Litigation practices involving Commercial Litigation, Health, Fraud and Employment Law
- Manage calendars, schedule and coordinate meetings and telephone conferences with clients, experts and other law firms
- Plan for various functions, meetings and travel
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Bighand, InterAction and Lawbase
- Proficiency in Eclipse, or willingness to engage in training to use Eclipse
- Provide clerical and administrative support, including draft correspondence (letters, memos, emails, etc.), and review and proofread documents
- Perform client account administration
- Manage paper flow, maintain filing systems (both hard copy and electronic), diarize limitation dates, etc.
- Legal Assistant Diploma required
- Minimum 5 years experience in Commercial Litigation, Health, Fraud and Employment law is beneficial
- A positive attitude and passion for excellence
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Attention to detail and strong proofreading skills
- Self-motivated, with an ability to think proactively and prioritize work in a fast-paced work environment
- Excellent management skills, able to multi-task, have good judgment and the ability to work independently as well as with a team
- Discretion in handling highly confidential and sensitive information
- Resourceful and able to use firm resources where appropriate
- Able and willing to embrace technology as an aid for file and time management and a willingness to attend internal training in relation to same
Bennett Jones Services Limited Partnership
4500 Bankers Hall East, 855 – 2 Street SW
Calgary, AB T2P 4K7
All offers of employment are conditional upon the satisfactory verification of a Canadian criminal record check. Determination of the factors that constitute satisfactory verification is within the sole discretion of Bennett Jones.
This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.