- Nordion Inc. in connection with the due diligence aspects of its US$826M acquisition by Sterigenics relating to an investigation by Canadian and US regulatory authorities. Sterigenics is a portfolio company of GTCR LLC, a leading Chicago-based private equity firm. Read more
- Lone Pine Resources Canada Ltd. and Lone Pine Resources Inc., in connection with a $400-million cross-border recapitalization and restructuring transaction pursuant to a plan of compromise and arrangement under the Companies' Creditors Arrangement Act (Canada) and ancillary proceedings under Chapter 15 of the United States Bankruptcy Code. Read more
- Darling International Inc., in connection with its acquisition of all the assets of Rothsay, a division of Maple Leaf Foods Inc., for approximately $645 million.
- Precision Castparts Corp. in connection with its acquisition of Aerostructure and Industrial Products from Héroux-Devtek for $300 million.
- Canadian counsel to Grupo Modelo, S.A.B. de C.V. in connection with the proposed acquisition by Anheuser-Busch InBev of the remaining stake in Grupo Modelo that it does not already own for approximately US$20.1 billion.
- Precision Castparts Corp., a worldwide manufacturer of complex metal components and products, in connection with its acquisition of all of the outstanding securities of Centra Industries, a leading manufacturer of complex aerostructure components for the world's major commercial and military aircraft programs, and the land used to operate the business of Centra Industries for an undisclosed price. Read more
- Glencore International in connection with its acquisition of all the outstanding shares of Viterra for approximately $6.1 billion by way of a plan of arrangement and the sale of certain assets of Viterra to each of Agrium and Richardson International for aggregate proceeds of approximately $2.6 billion.
- 1582956 Alberta Ltd. in connection with its $147,000,000 acquisition of Sun Gro Horticulture Inc. by way of takeover bid.
- J. Aron & Company in connection with its acquisition of the natural gas marketing and trading books of each of Nexen Marketing, Nexen's Canadian marketing arm, and Nexen Marketing U.S.A. Inc., its U.S. unit, for an undisclosed sum.
- Goldman Sachs, in connection with its acquisition, through its affiliate J. Aron & Co., of the natural gas marketing business of Nexen Inc.
- Research In Motion Limited, in connection with its $200 million acquisition of QNX Software Systems from Harman International Industries, Incorporated.
- Powell Industries, Inc. (NASDAQ: POWL), in connection with the
acquisition of substantially all the assets of PowerComm Inc. (TSX:
PCG) that involved predominantly Canadian operation carried on by
PowerComm, four subsidiaries and two further joint
ventures, including business operations in Kazakhstan. The purchase
price consisted of up to $33.5 million subject to adjustments, with
$25.5 million payable on closing and up to $8 million payable based
on specified performance and earn-out thresholds. Powell also
assumed certain liabilities of PowerComm including bank debt,
accounts payable and obligations under capital and other leases
estimated to total approximately $22.5 million.
- Omstead Foods Limited, in connection with the divestment of its
frozen vegetable and coated appetizer division to Bonduelle SA and
its frozen fruit division to Silver Valley Farms.
- Research In Motion Limited in connection with its $150 million acquisition of Certicom Corp.
- SSAB, in connection with its sale of the IPSCO Tubulars business to
Evraz for US$4.025 billion.
- WCE Holdings Inc., the parent company of the Winnipeg Commodity Exchange, in connection with the sale of all shares, totalling $50 million, to Intercontinental Exchange, Inc. by a plan of arrangement.
- Counsel to OJSC Russian Machines, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Basic Element, in connection with its $1.5 billion investment in Magna International Inc.
- Persona Communications Corp., in connection with the sale of all of Cable Acquisition Holdings Company Limited shares to Eastlink Persona Holdings Inc, for a substantial sum.
- Special Committee of VOXCOM Income Fund, in connection
with the $109 million acquisition by way of take-over bid
by UE Waterheater Income Fund.
- Counsel to SSAB corporation, in connection with its $9.1 billion acquisition of Ipsco Inc.
- Health Care Property Investors Inc., in connection with its $1.4 billion offer to acquire all of the outstanding units of Sunrise Senior Living Real Estate Investment Trust.
- Alliance Atlantis Communications Inc., in connection with the $2.3 billion sale of all the outstanding shares of the company by way of plan of arrangement to Canwest, Goldman Sachs Capital Partners and EdgeStone Capital Partners.
© Bennett Jones LLP 2017 All rights reserved. Bennett Jones refers collectively to the Canadian legal practice of Bennett Jones LLP
and the international legal practices and consulting activities of various entities which are associated with Bennett Jones LLP.
© Bennett Jones LLP 2017. All rights reserved.