Bonnie relies on her unique background in architecture, urban planning, and the law to advise many of her clients in a wide range of land use and development matters:
- Development permits
- Subdivision of land (including strata)
- Development and subdivision appeals
- Land dedication and levy obligations
- Enforcement of planning rules
- Land use redesignation (zoning), public hearings and drafting direct (DC) control bylaws
- Interpreting the Municipal Government Act, Subdivision and Development Regulations, and various planning instruments such as land use bylaws, municipal development plans, area structure or redevelopment plans, direct control bylaws, inter-municipal plans, and various other municipal bylaws, guidelines and policies
- Drafting and interpreting agreements specific to planning, such as easements, right of ways, parking, waste and recycling, restrictive covenants, strata (easements, covenants and restrictions (ECR)), development, utilities, drainage, servicing, environmental reserve, deferred reserve and servicing, crane swing, shoring tie back, work space, land exchange, no build, heritage transfer
- Advising subdivision and development appeal boards
- Wide range of Land Titles Office matters including registration, historical research
"Bonnie Anderson is recognised for her planning and architecture background, employing this expertise to assist clients with land use planning, subdivisions and development approvals, among other matters."
She has appeared before Municipal Councils, Municipal Planning Commissions, Subdivision and Development Appeal Boards, Municipal Government Board, Environmental Appeal Board, the Court of Queen's Bench and the Court of Appeal.